Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chunky Knit

I ordered this beautiful yarn from The Gingko Leaf on Etsy, 250 yards of the luscious, cuddly stuff.
It is hand handspun, undyed, Australian Merino wool. It  has been waiting for me to make something beautiful with it for a couple months.




I thought this would be enough to make one of those big chunky knit blankets. I am sadly mistaken. 
You actually need even more chunky yarn and pvc pipe or your arms or something like that. Sounds silly, but I will get all that one day and bust out some pipes and make that super chunky blanket. You watch. Until then...




I have my thick & thin fat puffy yarn all rolled into nice fuzzy balls in my pretty vintage basket. It looks so pretty just like that. It makes good decor for winter, actually. 




My coffee is warm, fresh carnations in a warm peach color inspire me to get creative. I will make a long, chunky scarf instead. Maybe, two.


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for my life. Blessings overflow. I am even thankful for the tough times. They only teach me and make me wiser. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I made a nice size throw with only 150 yards of super bulky merino! I posted some pics on ravelry, I bought the ran in new York city at a store called Loopy Mango... Check out loopy mango big loop merino throw in a search engine
    Cheers, Natacha

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback!