Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Burlap Elf Stockings

Wow! what a week it has been! First, Thanksgiving then Black Friday and finally Cyber Monday.
The best seller award in my shop goes to my burlap elf stockings. I never anticipated such a buzz!


There they are! Simple and rustic goodness with a dash of whimsy!



I just freehand drew out the shape of an elf stocking on some brown paper (cuz I had it around, but poster board would be best because it would hold up the best) and used it as my pattern.
Traced the shape twice onto the burlap and cut out.
Put one piece on top of the other, matching the shapes and sew, leaving the top open. Don't forget to add your loop of twine or ribbon right before you reach the end of the stocking to hang it with. You can add a stenciled initial or monogram. Some lace, Jingle bells, or pompoms or all together. I like them plain jane, myself. This year, at least. 
If you are not the sewing kind, you can buy these lovelies from my shop until Dec 5th.

I will be at the Brown Bag Art Sale in Atlanta this Saturday. I have been busy gathering and making art, ornaments, wreaths, and gifts for that, too! It's that time of year!
Stop by and see me if you can!


Happy making!
pam









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!