Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Colorful Containers

First of all, I want to apologize for not posting in more than a week! I have a good reason, I promise. I have been overwhelmed by orders from my Etsy shop. Yay! However, I need to get it together, I know. I am having to reorganize my day, so I can fit it all in. I am working on that.

Well, talking about organizing, I wanted to share with you a way I reuse my used tomato cans. After looking at a can, I thought how pretty it was. The cans are graphically appealing to me. So, yes, I kind of bought these tomatoes because the cans were pretty!

I saved the cans because I knew I wanted to reuse them, somehow. I have been trying to organize my workspace and I am an even more inspired to do more, since Miss Mustard Seed, has inspired me.. (If you haven't found her blog, yet, you should.)

Did I mention, my makeshift "workspace" is my kitchen! So, that makes it all the more difficult to function. My kitchen is for my family and for my business. Ugh! That means I am constantly making things, then having to clean it all up just to pull it all out again. Not fun or pretty. I dream of one day having a seperate space dedicated to my crafts and furniture. Until then, I must make do. Do you work out of your kitchen, too? I don't think I'm alone in this situation.

Anyway, back to my topic. I have found a use for my beautiful tomato cans. I use them to store my craft tools like scissors, pencils, paint brushes and the like.
(One day, I will have perfect pictures, too!)

Before you throw out your cans, look for ways you may be able to reuse them whether to hold useful things, or place fresh flowers. I would love to hear how you store items in creative ways that reuse otherwise thrown out things.

It helps reduce waste and shows your creativity!

Happy making!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!