Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Shopping for a Mac and DSLR

Ok, so I am about to make a two big investments for my little business, Southern Domestica. I want to purchase a Macbook and Nikon DSLR.
I have been using a Dell that is from 2007, I think. Anyway, I think it is time to get something new, don't you? Well, I have to be able to use this new computer for my Etsy shop and two blogs, daily. I need plenty of storage for pics, docs, and programs and super fast speed in my new Macbook. I don't know about you, but I can't stand how long I have to wait for my dinosaur to load the internet! Well, Mac users swear Mac is the way to go, but I am not quite sure why. I have heard that viruses aren't made to attack Macs, normally, so they are safer. That sounds good. I know they look cool with their sleek thin design. The screens are like glass. I wonder if they have a lot of glare? I didn't notice that. I should have paid more attention to that.
I consider myself pretty PC proficient, but I still don't understand the Geek ( I mean that in an ever-so 'I wish I was a Best Buy geek, right now way') lingo when it comes to Intel processors, Thunderbolt and Flash storage.
So, if any of you have any advice about Macs, I would appreciate your wisdom and feedback. I am trying to figure out which Mac is right for what I need and want to understand the lingo more. Please, help because it is a major expense and I don't want to get it wrong.

I am also shopping for a DSLR camera. My photographer friends love Nikon. I am an amateur photog, myself. I used to love to snap photos for fun, years ago, but then my vintage film camera went kaput and I never replaced it. So, I want to use my new camera for my business and for fun. I will be taking product images, as well as landscape and action pics. I will need pics for my blog about the South and Etsy. I hope to capture scenery, people, & products. I want to be able to manipulate my photos. I currently use a Sony Cybershot, which I like a lot, but I need something more. So, if any of you have any advice about which DSLR you like, I would like to know.
I am sorry this isn't the prettiest or even informative post for you. I do value your opinion and I need some advice on these purchases. I promise to post something cool soon. I have a roman shade tutorial to share this week.

I look forward to your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!